Draft Management Plan for Claremont Showgrounds
The Royal Agricultural Society of WA (RAS) has prepared a draft Management Plan for the Claremont Showgrounds to guide its future development. The plan will be considered by the Town of Claremont, but ultimately requires the approval of the state government through the Western Australian Planning Commission (WAPC).
The RAS has commenced its own public engagement on the draft plan. Please click here to find out more information from the RAS and provide feedback.
The Town intends to separately consult with the public on the draft plan following lodgement of the plan with the WAPC.
Events at the Claremont Showgrounds
The Royal Agricultural Society's (RAS) Claremont Showgrounds play host to a range of events during the year. For any further upcoming events at the Showgrounds please click here
To assist residents and those wishing to make contact during an event:
Event organiser - details below
Local police on 131 444
Traffic Issues and Parking
Town of Claremont (after hours service) on 9285 4300
SNACK New Year's Eve Event
SNACK New Year's Eve Event will be taking place at Claremont Showgrounds on Thursday 31 December 2020. Please see below important information about the event.
- Soundcheck will be taking place on Tuesday 29 December between 10am and 2pm for no more than two hours.
- There will be event noise on Thursday 31 December from 5pm until 12:30am.
- Noise levels will be reduced at 10:30pm and then again at 12:00am.
- All amplified noise will be turned off at 12:30am.
- Road closures will be in place on Graylands Rd, Shenton Rd, Tiger Way and Gugeri St from 4pm until 2am to minimise the impact on local residents.
- Traffic management will be in place on Ashton Ave and Second Ave during these times.
- All road closures and traffic management will be managed by the Town.
- Fireworks will be taking place as part of the New Year celebrations between 11:59pm and 12:11am for no longer than 12 minutes.
Complaints or Enquiries
- A dedicated phone line is in place should you have any complaints or enquiries.
- This number is 08 6263 3123.
- The phone will be attended one hour prior to the commencement of the event to one hour following closure of the event.