The Capital Works Program has been developed to meet anticipated community infrastructure needs and the future development of the Town to align with the strategic plan, driven by population growth, requirements of the community and asset management. These works include footpath replacement, traffic management treatments and road re-sheeting works among other minor capital works.
Upcoming capital works
Christmas decorations installation
Underground power project
Claremont Aquatic Centre splash pad construction
Our new water playground is now open! The exciting new water playground replaces the 47-year-old toddler pool with interactive features including jet sprays; channels with pumps, wheels and gates; and a mega bucket water dump.
Freshwater Bay Museum upgrade
The Town of Claremont’s historic Freshwater Bay Museum site is being upgraded to support learning opportunities related to our local heritage and culture through programs, exhibitions and presentations for our community. A steering group is working together to bring the $1.26 million project to build stage.
Claremont Train Station upgrade
The Public Transport Authority identified Claremont Train Station as the best location for trains to turn back towards Perth to support the Forrestfield-Airport Link. The proposed project also includes a broader upgrade of the station's facilities.
For an overview of these major projects, please click here.
Residents living within the proximity of these upcoming works will have received correspondence from the Town providing project details. If you have any queries regarding these works, please contact us.
Alfred Road - Footpath Reconstruction (between Ashton Avenue & Davies Road - south side)
The footpath reconstruction project on the south side of Alfred Road between Ashton Avenue and Davies Road is scheduled to commence on Monday 20 January, 2020. The goal is complete works before Friday 31 January, 2020.
Hatchett Park Design Review - Project Update
Click here to view correspondence sent to Hatchett Park's neighbouring residents.
Roadworks and path upgrades - Brown St (between Stirling Hwy & Melville St)
The above road rehabilitation and footpath (east side) upgrade project is scheduled to commence on Monday 13 January 2020. The goal is to complete the major works by Friday 31 January 2020, pending weather and contractor availability.
The undergrounding of power to the final pocket of the Town of Claremont has reached practical completion. Some reinstatement works for verges are still undergoing.
To report a problem
Roads signs line markings and traffic signals are serviced by Main Roads WA.
- WORK ZONE PERMIT APPLICATIONS are required to be submitted to temporarily obstruct road, verge, footpath or parking bays. Download the application form
- ROAD SIGNS - To report a problem with a road sign please lodge the problem with Main Roads WA Main Roads WA.
- INFRASTRUCTURE - To report a problem with the Town’s roads, paths, drainage, street name and parking signs, or any other infrastructure, contact us
- STREETLIGHTS - To report a problem with Streetlights please lodge the problem with Western Power, unless in the Town Centre (Bay View Terrace, St Quentin Ave and Freshwater Close then contact us)
- SEWER or MAINS WATER - To report a problem with Sewer or Mains Water please lodge the problem with Watercorp.
- View our street sweeping maintenance schedule.
- View private and council owned right of way information.
- CROSSOVER MAINTENANCE is the responsibility of the owner of the adjacent property with the exception of bitumen crossovers constructed prior to January 2016 which the Town will maintain. View the Town's Policy Manual for more information, or view our guidance for all new developments, new crossovers or when making changes.