The Town of Claremont provides waste and recycling services for residential properties.
Each property has:
- a 120-litre general waste bin with a green or red lid (collected weekly); and
- a 240-litre recycling bin with a yellow lid (collected fortnightly).
From January 2020, properties larger than 400 square metres (400sqm) will also have:
- a 240-litre garden organics (GO) bin with a lime-green lid (collected fortnightly)
Introduction of garden organics (GO) bins
From 27-31 January 2020, GO bins with lime-green lids will be delivered to Town of Claremont residences to divert our green waste from landfill and make more mulch to protect gardens and reduce water use.
Along with GO bin deliveries, red lids are being fitted (to replace dark green lids) on general waste bins that are placed kerbside for collection as usual.
During the transition to three bins, residents of properties 400 square metres (sqm) and larger (and others who have opted in for a GO bin online) should ensure that between Monday 27 January 2020 and Friday 31 January 2020:
- general waste bins are placed kerbside by 6am on their usual collection day; and
- bins are not retrieved until 6pm to enable work for the transition to be completed.
The changes are part of the three-bin system being introduced across Perth to contribute to the State Government’s target of diverting 70 per cent of waste from landfill by 2025.
Three-bin collection schedule from February 2020
Every week, the existing 120-litre general waste bin (with a new red lid) will be collected from Town of Claremont residences.
On alternate weeks, either the new 240-litre garden organics bin (lime lid) or the existing 240-litre recycling bin (yellow lid) will also be collected with the general waste bin.
Fortnightly recycling bins collection with general waste bins starts in the week of Monday 3 February to Friday 7 February 2020.
Fortnightly garden organics bins collection with general waste bins starts in the week of Monday 10 February to Friday 14 February 2020.
The following calendar further details waste collection dates to June 2020:
Application for GO bin for properties smaller than 400sqm
Properties greater than 400sqm in the Town of Claremont are automatically included in the transition to the new three-bin system.
The owner or authorised property manager for single residential properties smaller than 400sqm can opt in to have a garden organics (GO) bin as part of their waste services.
To receive a GO bin, please complete the 3rd bin opt-in
Applications to opt-in for a GO bin received by Friday 17 January 2020
will be included in the January 2020 rollout. Requests after this date will be included in the second phase of the rollout later in the year.
Waste & Recycling Guide
Download the Town's Waste & Recycling Guide 2019-20
This guide includes information on:
- Collection days (p2)
- The new garden organics bin (p4)
- Verge collections (p5)
Putting your bins out
Bins should be placed:
- With the lid closed
- With the wheels facing your property
- Within 1m of the road
- At least 0.5m apart from other bins
- Clear of obstructions (eg cars, walls, posts)
- Before 6am on collection day
Please retrieve your bin as soon as possible following collection.
West Metropolitan Regional Council (WMRC)
WMRC manages waste for the west metro area. Contact WMRC
for help and advice on:
Contact the Town
When to contact us
- Report a damaged bin
- Report a stolen bin
- In order to receive a replacement bin, you must first report the theft to Wembley Police Station and provide us with a police report number
- Request a bin upgrade or downgrade
- The ratepayer's written approval is required for all bin upgrades or downgrades