- General news
A total fire ban is declared for the Town of Claremont on Monday 9 and Tuesday 10 January 2023.
Remember that during a Total Fire Ban the following activities are not permitted:
- Light, maintain or use a fire (even when camping)
- Burn leaves, garden waste or grass cuttings
- Use an incinerator
- Grind, weld, solder, gas cut or use any other type of ‘hot works’
- Use fireworks
- Operate a hot-air balloon
- Fire up a BBQ that uses solid fuel
- Use an outdoor wood-fired pizza oven or stove
For more information about what you are allowed to do during a total fire ban please visit https://www.dfes.wa.gov.au/totalfirebans/
To stay up to date with current fire danger ratings and alerts go to www.emergency.wa.gov.au
Public Notice - Intention to Borrow
At the Ordinary Council Meeting held on 6 February 2024, Council resolved by absolute majority, to borrow $4.15m for the purpose of refinancing a loan for 333 Stirling Highway, Claremont.
Residents asked to report signs of the polyphagous shot-hole borer
The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development are calling on Perth residents to help stop the spread of this destructive pest.
Annual Report 2022/23 and Annual General Meeting of Electors'
ANNUAL REPORT 2022/23 AND ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF ELECTORS’ 5.30PM WEDNESDAY 31 JANUARY 2024