Included on this page
The Town works with the Royal Agricultural Society to manage parking and traffic for large-scale events held at the Claremont Showgrounds.
Residents are encouraged to note any temporary signage restrictions in place during these events.
Details of any current events can be found below.
Perth Royal Show
The Perth Royal Show will be held from Saturday 23rd September to Saturday 30th September 2023 (inclusive) at the Claremont Showgrounds. The Town will be implementing parking control measures as set out in the below map to minimise disruption to residents and ensure public safety.
Temporary Parking Restrictions
There will be temporary parking restrictions in the streets surrounding the Showgrounds from 8am to 8pm for the entire Royal Show period. Signage showing these restrictions will be installed prior to the Royal Show and removed promptly after.
As shown on the map the following roads will be affected throughout the Royal Show:
- Graylands Road and Tiger Way – Intersection will be closed.
- Graylands Road and Kyle Way – Intersection will be closed.
- The parking bays at the end of Lakeway Street will be timed 2-hour parking.
- Motteram Avenue from Lapsley Road to the cul-de-sac, and Elliot Road verge will have restrictions from 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Sunday including public holidays. If you require a temporary parking permit during the Royal Show, please contact the Town.
- Second Avenue will change 2-hour parking to ‘No Stopping’.
- Precinct parking will be extended during this period to include Saturday, Sunday, and public holiday Monday.
Residents can park outside of these restrictions by displaying their existing parking permit/s.
Residents need to be aware that any vehicle including family, friends, trades, and/or visitors parked contrary to signage will be infringed.
Your co-operation and assistance during this event are much appreciated.